I know I need to talk about my Papa Bear, but I can't not yet, I'm just not ready. Soon though I hope.
Honey and Papa have always been so extremely kind and generous. Christmas is such a huge holiday for Honey, she starts buying, sewing and painting clear in January.
Seriously.
Every year, as I'm sure I have already shared on here many times, Honey and Papa get us all Christmas jammies. From Papa down to the youngest baby everyone gets a pair. Usually they are a huge hit, sometimes we get a good laugh at how short some of the pants fit some of *us*. But usually they are perfect!
Well a few years ago Honey got all of the girls a pair of red or pink silky jammies with matching red and pink robes. The jammies are cute, the robes are comfortable. We all lined up all 11 granddaughters in a row modeling our newest lounge wear. Sadly I don't have a picture of the robe number one because normally I am not picture ready when I put it on (besides Christmas Eve). And number two because my computer crashed that housed all of the pictures of the Christmases before... but that's another story.
I'm sure that you can imagine what it looks like, a beautifully embroidered neckline, it's almost floor length and it zips from bottom to top. Did I mention that it is very comfortable? The sleeves are long enough and there are even pockets! It's huge, it fit's now and it fit nine months pregnant. It's warm, not to hot and oh so comfy!
But alas there always has to be something, Rhett has decided that this amazing robe is not necessarily age appropriate, or very how would you say...attractive. What is he talking about? He even said that he believes that it looks like a, wait for it.... a grandma's robe. In other words he has asked that my robe is sent to the great beyond.
Seriously.
So the other day after we had this terrible earth shattering conversation, Rhett went to bed and I stayed up doing a little blog stalking. I found a blog of one of my friends that I've never seen before and on that blog I saw the funniest picture ever. It was a Christmas morning picture with my friends cute kids and his grandma wearing wait for it... the red robe. I almost died laughing.
Seriously
So maybe Rhett is right, I mean he has been right once or twice before... ;)
Am I getting rid of the robe you ask? Yes... but not until I find another robe that meets my high expectations!
2 comments:
That seriously cracked me up! I had a robe like that. Mike's mom gave it to me after I had Cameron. LOVED it. Mike told me the same thing. Made me sad. It's gone and I still don't love my robe I wear, same one from High School.
Save the robe!!!!!! But of course, this is coming from a girl who wears a long blue fleece one 365 days a year. :) And it will only be replaced with another comfy one!
Post a Comment