Monday, September 22, 2008

Back to the blog world...
Lost and FOUND!!
We had the funnest start to our labor day weekend! We stayed up in Midway with my family, we woke up bright and early to go to the Swiss Days celebration (it was so much fun). Rhett took the kids to the breakfast and the parade and I shopped! Then we hurried down the mountain for one of my all time favorite things
BYU FOOTBALL.

We had a blast!! My parents took us to all the games growing up. To tell you that I love going to the games would be an understatement. I am so grateful that Rhett loves BYU football as much as I do!!

Anyway we were having a great time, Taylor decided that she needed to nurse so I went into the air conditioned Cougar Club Room to finish off the fourth quarter. At the very end of the game I got a frantic call from Rhett telling me that he lost Colby. I grabbed all of my stuff and ran out there trying to make sense of what Rhett was saying. I found Rhett just as over 63 thousand people started to exit the stadium....

Rhett ran one way and I went the other we couldn't find him anywhere. I found one of the trusty "security guards" guarding the field from all of the crazy Fans. I asked him to help me, I explained that Colby is 3 and I told him what he was wearing. He told me that lost kids go under portal E and that that is where Colby will be. I asked him to walkie talkie over there and ask the people if they had him, he told me that he would in a minute.

WHAT???

I called Stephanie and told her. She immediately called the rest of my family and the search was on. They spanned out over the stadium's west side searching everywhere they could, but still no Colby.

I finally found a cop who was very nice, he took me more seriously then the "security guard" did. He brought me to the security head quarters where I gave them Colby's description, and the search was on. I left the room to look for Colby and another cop came and found me and told me that they had located Colby on the complete other side of the stadium!!! I couldn't relax until I had him there in my arms. And yes I was bawling like a baby.
That was probably the longest 20 minutes of my life.

Colby found a lady who looked like a Mom and she found a policeman. I can not adequately describe the feeling of not knowing where your son is. When people start to leave the stadium it is like a herd of cattle or something. I just kept thinking that he was shuffled and scooted all the way out into the road and lost forever. When we found him he said, Dad was walking so fast I couldn't keep up. Rhett feels terrible.

We are so grateful that we have our beautiful children. We don't want to ever have that feeling again.

8 comments:

Becky said...

Oh my gosh Lisa that would be SO scary! What a stupid security guard by the way. He should be fired. Anyway, I'm so glad you were able to find Colby and that he was safe.

The Andersons: said...

I lost one of my kids for a minute in Walmart and the panic set in, I can't imagine at the BYU game! I'm glad he found a nice mom in the stadium to help him, what a smart little guy!

Amanda C said...

How scary! I am glad you found him.

Stiles Family-mostly Kristen said...

Colby is a smart little fella, good job telling him to look for a mom! Angels are watching over you!Thank goodness for the power of prayer.

Anonymous said...

Okay, I totally feel for you Lisa! My son used to get away from me all the time when he was younger... I had the police on speed dial AND they recognized my voice! So embarrassing!! I love your blog BTW and the kids are beautiful!!
Crystal Carver Haacke

Jalinda said...

Oh my word! Scary! I'm so glad you found him. You were blessed that a nice mom helped him find where he needed to be. BTW, Happy Birthday tomorrow!

Michelle said...

i especially like the quotation marks around "security guard" nice touch. That was a terrible, terrifying day.

Becca Queen of Chaos said...

Seriously - tears in my eyes, my Gracie is always trying to get away. That is one of my worst fears. And, yeah - that "security guard" you have GOT to be kidding me.

Add other items

© 2009 'Two-column photo blog' by HUGE photo blog

Back to TOP